- Applicants must be undergoing active treatment for a blood cancer (leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma) at the Texas Medical Center (TMC). No other cancers will be considered
- Active treatment means that the patient must have at least one weekly appointment at a treatment center in Houston
- Applicant’s permanent home address must be greater than 50 miles from TMC
- Stem cell transplant patient’s home address must be greater than 25 miles from TMC and requires a doctor’s order stating that the patient must reside within 20 minutes of the hospital
- Applicant agrees to provide information, if requested, that will aid in assessing their ability to afford housing in a regularly priced fully-furnished apartment or hotel during weeks to months of treatment at the Texas Medical Center, and attests that such regularly priced housing would cause significant hardship to them or their caregivers
- Applicant MUST have a caregiver living with them at Halo House at all times
To be a guest at Halo House, you must meet our eligibility requirements. Applicant agrees to a criminal background check. You will be welcomed regardless of race, creed, citizenship, disability, gender, color, ethnic heritage, veteran status, or sexual orientation.