- Applicants must be undergoing active treatment for a blood cancer (leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma) at the Texas Medical Center (TMC). No other cancers will be considered
- Active treatment means that the patient must have at least one weekly appointment at a treatment center in Houston
- Applicant’s permanent home address must be greater than 50 miles from TMC
- Stem cell transplant patient’s home address must be greater than 25 miles from TMC and requires a doctor’s order stating that the patient must reside within 15 minutes of the hospital
- Applicant MUST have a caregiver living with them at Halo House at all times
To be a guest at Halo House, you must meet our eligibility requirements, which may include a criminal background check. You will be welcomed regardless of race, creed, citizenship, disability, gender, color, ethnic heritage, veteran status, economic status, or sexual orientation.